IICEC is committed to foster research partnerships between academia and industry. IICEC partnerships support a broad portfolio of energy and climate change research that can have a practical impact on public policy and provide insights for industry and other energy stakeholders, including energy consumers. This research includes the following:
- Providing up-to-date information and analysis of the international petroleum and natural gas markets;
- Modeling energy markets and energy trade;
- Developing strategies and policies to achieve a sustainable and efficient transportation system;
- Analysis of the development and diffusion of innovative energy technologies and services;
- Identifying changes in energy consumer needs and behavior and how they affect energy markets and achieving energy policy goals;
- Conducting research using the full resources of Sabancı University to develop advanced clean energy technologies;
- and Integrating these combined efforts into our flagship publication: the IICEC Turkey Energy Outlook.
- Understanding the geopolitics of energy trade.
- Analyzing the water-energy nexus.
This research program will contribute to:
- Increasing clean energy supplies;
- Increasing energy efficiency;
- Diversifying sources of energy;
- Achieving national energy security;
- Achieving a sustainable environmental future;
- Meeting growing energy service demand at reasonable consumer prices;
- and Meeting the energy needs of the developing world.